Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Residential care community resident characteristics: United States, 2018.NCHS Data Brief. 2021; : 1-8
- Characteristics of residents living in residential care communities, by community bed size: United States, 2012.NCHS Data Brief. 2014; 171: 1-8
- Total Number of Residents in Certified Nursing Facilities.https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/number-of-nursing-facility-residents/Date accessed: June 13, 2022
- Use of home-based medical care and disparities.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 1716-1720
- Receipt of home-based medical care among older beneficiaries enrolled in fee-for-service Medicare.Health Aff (Millwood). 2020; 39: 1289-1296
- The invisible homebound: setting quality-of-care standards for home-based primary and palliative care.Health Aff (Millwood). 2015; 34: 21-29
- Home-based primary care: a systematic review of the literature, 2010–2020.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2021; 69: 2963-2972
- Systematic review of outcomes from home-based primary care programs for homebound older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 2243-2251
- The resurgence of home-based primary care models in the United States.Geriatrics (Basel). 2018; 3: 41
- Independence at Home Learning Collaborative Writing Group. Home-based primary care: beyond extension of the independence at home demonstration.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 812-817
- The imperative to reimagine assisted living.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2022; 23: 225-234
- Home health utilization in assisted living settings.Med Care Res Rev. 2020; 77: 620-629
- In traditional Medicare, modest growth in the home care workforce largely driven by nurse practitioners.Health Aff (Millwood). 2021; 40: 478-486
- Medical care at home comes of age. The California Health Care Foundation.https://www.chcf.org/publication/medical-care-home-comes-age/#related-links-and-downloadsDate accessed: February 28, 2022
- Geographic concentration of home-based medical care providers.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 1404-1409
- Epidemiology of the homebound population in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1180-1186
- Medicare provider utilization and payment data.https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Provider-Charge-DataDate accessed: June 28, 2021
- Medicare geographic variation - by national, state & county.https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Geographic-Variation/GV_PUFDate accessed: June 28, 2021
- Chronic conditions.https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Chronic-Conditions/CC_MainDate accessed: June 28, 2021
- Long-term services & supports state scorecard.http://www.longtermscorecard.org/Date accessed: November 9, 2021
- MACPAC. Dually eligible beneficiaries.https://www.macpac.gov/topics/dually-eligible-beneficiaries/Date accessed: February 26, 2022
- Overview of assisted living facilities. The Congressional Research Service (CRS).https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11544/2Date accessed: February 26, 2022
- Overview of long-term services and supports. The Congressional Research Service (CRS).https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF10427Date accessed: February 26, 2022
- State Medicaid financing and access to large assisted living settings for Medicare-Medicaid dual-eligibles.Med Care Res Rev. 2022; 79: 69-77
- Shifting patterns of physician home visits.J Prim Care Comm Health. 2016; 7: 71-75
- The number of subjects per variable required in linear regression analyses.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 68: 627-636
The study was supported by the National Institute on Aging (P01 AG066605 and P30AG028741). The funding organization had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript; and decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Author Contributions: B. Liu had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. Concept and design: K.A. Ornstein, C. S. Ritchie, B. Liu. Acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data: All authors. Drafting of the manuscript: B. Liu. Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: All authors. Statistical analysis: B. Liu. Supervision: K.A. Ornstein, C. S. Ritchie.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
October 2022: Lighting and Falls, Medical Care in the Home, Clostridioides difficile, and Wearable Temperature Sensors
Host: Karl Steinberg MD, HMDC, CMD; Guests: Philip Sloane MD, MPH; Mallory Brown, MD
Topics: Lighting and Falls, Medical Care in the Home, Clostridioides difficile, and Wearable Temperature Sensors