Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Embedded pragmatic trials in dementia care: realizing the vision of the NIA IMPACT Collaboratory.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020; 68: S1-S7
- National Research Summit on Care, Services, and Supports for Persons With Dementia and Their Caregivers. Report to the National Advisory Council on Alzheimer’s Research, Care, and Services.National Institute in Aging, 2018
- Alzheimer’s disease facts and figures.https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-facts-and-figures.pdfDate accessed: April 11, 2022
- Advanced dementia: state of the art and priorities for the next decade.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 45-51
- Chronic care, dementia care management, and financial considerations.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1371-1376
- Engaging Stakeholders in the Design and Conduct of Embedded Pragmatic Clinical Trials for Alzheimer’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease–Related Dementias.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020; 68: S62-S67
- Challenges of conducting research in long-term care facilities: a systematic review.BMC Geriatr. 2018; 18: 1-11
- Pragmatic trials in long-term care: implementation and dissemination challenges and opportunities.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2022; 23: 339-344
- Improving nursing home culture: final report.https://healthcentricadvisors.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/INHC_Final-Report_PtI-IV_121505_mam.pdfDate accessed: April 11, 2022
- HATCh model brochure.https://www.va.gov/covidtraining/docs/HATCh_model_brochure_for_staff.pdfDate accessed: April 11, 2011
- Resident-centered care: An introduction to VA community living centers.https://www.va.gov/covidtraining/docs/HATCh_Orientation_Booklet.pdfDate accessed: April 11, 2022
- Member checking: a tool to enhance trustworthiness or merely a nod to validation?.Qual Health Res. 2016; 26: 1802-1811
- Research on care needs and supportive approaches for persons with dementia.RTI Int. 2017;
- Wisdom from the front lines: clinicians’ descriptions of treating agitation in the nursing home, a pilot study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2005; 6: 257-264
- Nursing home staff's perceptions of barriers and needs in implementing person-centred care for people living with dementia: a qualitative study.J Clin Nurs. 2022; 31: 1896-1906
- Impact of person-centred care training and person-centred activities on quality of life, agitation, and antipsychotic use in people with dementia living in nursing homes: a cluster-randomised controlled trial.PLoS Med. 2018; 15: e1002500
- What is really needed to provide effective, person-centered care for behavioral expressions of dementia? Guidance from the Alzheimer's Association dementia care provider roundtable.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2020; 21: 1582-1586.e1
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This work was supported by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U54AG063546 , which funds the NIA Imbedded Pragmatic Alzheimer’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease-Related Dementias Clinical Trials Collaboratory (NIA IMPACT Collaboratory). J.L.T. is also supported by a Harold Amos career development award funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (77872 ) and by an award from the NIA ( K76 AG074922 ). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health or the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.