Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Discharge destination after total joint arthroplasty: an analysis of postdischarge outcomes, placement risk factors, and recent trends.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1155-1162
- Race, rehabilitation, and 30-day readmission after elective total knee arthroplasty.Geriatric Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2015; 6: 303-310
- Patterns of rehabilitation utilization after hip fracture in acute hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.Med Care. 2000; 38: 1119-1130
- Which patient factors best predict discharge destination after primary total knee arthroplasty? The ARISE trial.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 2852-2857
- Inappropriate opioid prescription after surgery.Lancet. 2019; 393: 1547-1557
- Incidence of and risk factors for chronic opioid use among opioid-naive patients in the postoperative period.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1286-1293
- New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults.JAMA surg. 2017; 152: e170504
- Management of postoperative pain: a clinical practice guideline From the American pain society, the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists’ committee on regional anesthesia, executive committee, and administrative council.J Pain. 2016; 17: 131-157
- Chronic postsurgical pain and persistent opioid use following surgery: the need for a transitional pain service.Pain Management. 2016; 6: 435-443
- Educating patients regarding pain management and safe opioid use after surgery: a narrative review.Anesth Analg. 2020; 130: 574-581
- Multidisciplinary transitional pain service for the veteran population.Fed Pract. 2020; 37: 472-478
- Opioid use among veterans undergoing major joint surgery managed by a multidisciplinary transitional pain service.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2020; 45: 847-852
- A multidisciplinary transitional pain management program is associated with reduced opioid dependence after primary total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2022; 37: 1048-1053
- Hydrocodone and acetaminophen for soft tissue hand procedures.J Hand Surg. 2018; 44: 387-393
- Fighting the “Opioid Epidemic”: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Double-Blinded Trial Comparing Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, and Oxycodone After Hand Surgery Level 1 Evidence.J Hand Surg. 2018; 43: S6
- The initiation of chronic opioids: a survey of chronic pain patients.J Pain. 2017; 18: 360-365
- The Toronto General Hospital Transitional Pain Service: development and implementation of a multidisciplinary program to prevent chronic postsurgical pain.J Pain Res. 2015; 8: 695-702
- The prescription opioid crisis: role of the anaesthesiologist in reducing opioid use and misuse.Bri J Anaesth. 2019; 122: e198-e208
- Role of the perioperative surgical home in optimizing the perioperative use of opioids.Anesth Analg. 2017; 125: 1653-1657
- Postoperative opioid prescribing, use and pain trends following general surgery procedures: a retrospective cohort study among veterans comparing non-opioid versus chronic opioid users.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2022; 47 (rapm-2021-103382)
Publication stageIn Press Uncorrected Proof
Funding Sources: This work was supported by the Veterans Health Administration Office of Rural Health (ORH Contract 14434 ) and the University of Utah Population Health Research (PHR) Foundation, with funding in part from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Numbers UL1TR002538 and KL2TR002539 . The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Federal Government or the National Institutes of Health.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.