Setting and Participants
Conclusion and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Patterns of multimorbidity in middle-aged and older adults: an analysis of the UK Biobank data.Mayo Clin Proc. 2018; 93: 857-866
- Healthy lifestyle and life expectancy in people with multimorbidity in the UK Biobank: A longitudinal cohort study.PLoS Med. 2020; 17: e1003332
- Frailty and chronic disease.Panminerva Med. 2019; 61: 486-492
- Frailty and pre-frailty in middle-aged and older adults and its association with multimorbidity and mortality: a prospective analysis of 493 737 UK Biobank participants.Lancet. 2018; 3: 323-332
- Epidemiology of multimorbidity and implications for health care, research, and medical education: a cross-sectional study.Lancet. 2012; 380: 37-43
- Patient-centered care for older adults with multiple chronic conditions: these are the polypathological patients!.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 475-476https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.12142
- A multi-institutional, hospital-based assessment of clinical, functional, sociofamilial and health-care characteristics of polypathological patients (PP).Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2011; 53: 284-291
- Polypharmacy among older Australians, 2006-2017: a population-based study.Med J Aust. 2019; 211: 71-75
- Pharmacist-led intervention on potentially inappropriate prescription in patients with polypharmacy: PHARM-PC clinical trial protocol.Farm Hosp. 2021; 45 (English): 210-215
- Structured pharmacist review of medication in older hospitalised patients: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Drugs Aging. 2016; 33: 285-294
- Deprescribing interventions and their impact on medication adherence in community-dwelling older adults with polypharmacy: a systematic review.BMC Geriatr. 2019; 19: 15
- Deprescribing in patients with multimorbidity: A necessary process.Eur J Intern Med. 2015; 26: e18-e19
- Tools for deprescribing in frail older persons and those with limited life expectancy: a systematic review.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019; 67: 172-180
- Novel tool for deprescribing in chronic patients with multimorbidity: List of Evidence-Based Deprescribing for Chronic Patients criteria.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2017; 17: 2200-2207
- STOPPFrail (Screening Tool of Older Persons Prescriptions in Frail adults with limited life expectancy): Consensus validation.Age Ageing. 2016; 45: 1-12
- Deprescribing in multi-morbid older people with polypharmacy: agreement between STOPPFrail explicit criteria and gold standard deprescribing using 100 standardized clinical cases.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2019; 75: 427-432
- A short portable mental status questionaire for the assesment of organic brain deficit in elderly patients.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1975; 23: 433-441
- Functional evaluation: the Barthel Index.Md State Med J. 1965; 4: 61-65
- Validation of PROFUND prognostic index over a fouryear follow-up period.Eur J Intern Med. 2016; 36: 20-24
- [Frail-VIG index: Design and evaluation of a new frailty index based on the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment].Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2017; 52: 119-127
- Designing clinical research: an epidemiologic approach. 6C. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013: 79 4th ed.
- Validation of the LESS-CHRON criteria: reliability study of a tool for deprescribing in patients with multimorbidity.Eur J Hosp Pharm. 2019; 26: 334-338
- Prevalence of potentially inappropriate medications based on the STOPPFrail criteria in frail older patients with limited life expectancy: a cross-sectional study.BMC Geriatr. 2022; 22: 367
- Deprescribing in older people approaching end-of-life: development and validation of STOPPFrail version 2.Age Ageing. 2021; 50: 465-471
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding sources: MMT received financial support from the Subprograma Río Hortega, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Subdirección General de Redes y Centros de Investigación Cooperativa, Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades, Spain (CM21/00115).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.